2020 Q1 CPD Events
The CEO Update in the Winter edition of the ICQ magazine provided a snapshot of the results of the recent members CPD events survey. Over 23% of you responded which is a fantastic result. Your main messages to us were as follows:
- a desire to have a more structured CPD programme and move away from the current monthly system (70%);
- more CPD events to be organised and delivered;
- more regional CPD events to be organised;
- data protection, prudential regulation/governance and financial crime compliance were the top 3 subject matters that members would like to see in the 2020 CPD schedule;
- introduction of success/soft skill topics such as communication, leadership and influencing skills; and
- a slight preference for webinars over classroom sessions (57%).
I want to assure members that all of the main issues raised will be actioned. Some will take more time but work is at an advanced stage in this regard. Below is an outline of confirmed events for the next 3 months which will be added to as more are finalised. Many of these are near completion with speakers confirmed. Further details on each will be posted to the events section of the website and they will be open for booking closer to the time.
The outline below does not include many of the traditional core CPD offerings which are being developed by our Working Groups and will be included in the events calendar when available. Webinars are being developed and a suite of success/soft skill courses and qualifications will be also be announced soon.